To help ensure you are savvy about your own business, here are 9 popular tech business terms you should know as an entrepreneur!
Every field has its own special vocabulary that goes with the business territory. The tech industry is a pure example of this, with various terms and complex acronyms that make you feel like you are learning a completely different language.
It doesn’t matter if you own a tech company, sometimes there are terms even you are unfamiliar with. So, to help ensure you are savvy about your own business, we are going to present you 9 popular tech business terms you should know as an entrepreneur.
- Server hosting – The servers are special devices that support the computer of the company, as well as, the internet network and host the data. The servers are usually owned by ISPs or Internet service providers.
- Web app – A web page that acts and looks like an application on a tablet or a smartphone. These apps offer viewers a familiar format and better navigation and they are more mobile-friendly.
- Virtual private network – The VPN enables users to connect to a private network from absolutely everywhere.
- Data center – This is a facility that houses data-storage systems and computer, including servers. Usually, the data centers are owned by Internet Service Providers or large companies such as Amazon or Google.
- Domain Name Service – DNS or domain name service is interpreted into numbers as an IP address when it is entered into the address bar of the browser.
- Open source – This is a code that anyone can use as it is available publicly. In other words, different individuals can take it and edit it for their own personal purposes.
- Content Management Systems – CMS or Content Management Systems are used to control the content of the website. They include a Web-based publishing option, which allows you to format or edit the content without the use of a certain Web coding language such as HTML.
- Performance Management Software – Human resources professionals usually depend on this software to analyze and keep track of employee performance.
- Version control – It keeps engineers and programmers, from writing over the work of their partners or co-workers. It keeps historical data and also allows for progress on various fronts.
We hope this article was helpful for you and that you have managed to learn many new terms you can use now and in the future!
Website Design, SEO, E-Commerce, Social Media Marketing & Google Analytics. Why not find out what I can do for you or your business? pic.twitter.com/U5PLJdwj8S
— CS Web Services (@CS_WebServices) 1 de junio de 2017